International Students


@myepicadv  Jul 04 - 03:18 am
Had a great time with the Texas Adventure campers and now we are excited to welcome the Ultimate Ozark Campers!

@myepicadv  Jun 26 - 11:36 am
Texas Adventure campers are doing great! Postcards are in the mail and will probably arrive Tuesday. Email update...

@myepicadv  Jun 21 - 18:43 pm
What a great summer so far! Texas Adventure campers are doing great and had a blast climbing yesterday. Summit...

@myepicadv  Jun 19 - 17:00 pm
ESTBOUND AND DOWN, Summit Service campers are all picked up and rolling down the highway! Texas Adventure...

International Students



China info pic


In addition to our outdoor summer camp programs, we are excited to offer home studies for our international students looking to attend one of our summer camp sessions. Students will have the option of extending their summer camp trip to include a one week home stay with a local Texas family who will introduce them to the local American culture, food, and the language. International students will attend English language courses focusing on conversation and American culture. Host families will provide home cooked meals each day while encouraging students to actively participate in preparing meals. Students will take daily field trips to local markets, parks, universities, and famous landmarks to practice their skills. The University of Texas, The Alamo, the State Capital of Texas, and the River Walk are some of the places students will visit during their home stay. Home stays are specifically designed for students who are attending one or more EPIC Adventures summer camp sessions. Students can attend either the week prior to the start of their camp session or the following week. It is not necessary to attend a home stay session to attend one of the summer adventure camp programs, but it is recommended. Home stays are coordinated to work with the summer programs to guarantee students get the most out of their time while in the United States.

 Students traveling to the USA

FAQ     Do I have to speak fluent English? Students do not have to be masters of the English language but they do need to have a basic understanding of English to attend the summer programs. Basic understanding means students should be able to understand English well enough to communicate with EPIC Adventures staff for safety reasons.   What travel Documents do I need? In addition to a valid passport from your country of residence, most students attending EPIC Adventures  programs are required to obtain a United States Tourist Visa. Please make arrangements with the U.S. Embassy or consulate in the country where you live to obtain required information of visit.  Please visit for more information on required travel documents.     What about money? It is not possible to exchange Chinese Yuan’s in the United States. Students will be required to bring a minimum of $60USD per week. ATM credit cards are a good option to have as a backup. Please check with your bank to make sure that your card will work while traveling in the United States.   What will my accommodations be like? Students will have a private room located within the host families home.   Will I have internet access? Yes. Students will have internet access during their home stay but not while attending summer camp.   Can I call home? It is possible for students to call home during their home stay but not during the summer camp session. Due to the nature of the summer camp programs, it is not possible to call home. Students wishing to call home are responsible for any expenses involved in making such calls. We recommend Skype or various other internet phone services.